The management of Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway believes that we have a moral, social, and business responsibility to promote responsible gaming by our patrons and to strictly enforce minimum legal wagering ages.
All employees at Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway are trained to recognize and respond appropriately when a personal or guest gaming problem becomes apparent.
The Self-Exclusion Program allows guests who may have a gaming problem or have any reason to voluntarily request that we prohibit any participation in any activities at Empire City Casino or Yonkers Raceway. By completing the appropriate forms, these guests will be banned from all activities in our gaming facility, at our racetrack, and are prohibited from collecting any winnings or recovering any losses. Self-excluded guests cannot receive any complimentary services or participate in our Empire Club campaigns or promotions.
A guest may have their own name placed on the Self-Exclusion list by taking the following steps:
- Visit our facility and ask any employee to escort you to the Security Department to request and complete the necessary forms.
- Call the Security Department at 914.968.4200 to request the appropriate forms and then bring them completed to our Security Office to be processed.
- Click here to download the appropriate forms and then bring them completed to our Security Office to be processed, or mail them to the Director of Security with a notarized cover letter.
- All completed Self-Exclusion forms must be submitted with state issued identification and a photograph which will be taken by Security.
Please be aware that a family member may not place another family member on the Self-Exclusion list. Placement on the list is entirely voluntary and must be done by the guest seeking exclusion.
Once a name has been added to the list- the request and the information submitted will be shared with the New York State Division of the Lottery. The guest is then excluded from all gaming facilities and racetracks in the State of New York.
If the excluded guest is found on the premises of our gaming facility, racetrack or any other licensed gaming facility in the State of New York, they will be asked to leave immediately. If they do not do so, they will be subject to arrest for trespass by law enforcement authorities. If they are found gaming, any winnings or losses may be subject to forfeiture. Should they enter the premises after they have been asked to be self-excluded, Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway and Yonkers Racing will not be liable for any losses or damages that may incur as specifically set forth in the Request for Voluntary Self-Exclusion Form which will be required to sign in order to process the self-exclusion request.
The guest making the request may choose the length of time that they would wish to be excluded: one year, three years or five years.
Any guest may ask to have their name removed from the Self-Exclusion List after the original term of Self-Exclusion has expired. To have gaming privileges reinstated, they must submit the properly completed Reinstatement Form with appropriate identification. Guests should contact the Director of Security for appropriate forms and instructions along with any additional information that may be required at that time.
For more information on problem gaming contact the following groups:
- Gamblers Anonymous: gamblersanonymous.org, 1-213-386-8789
- New York State Office Of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services: oasas.state.ny.us,
- National Council on Problem Gambling: ncpgambling.org,